For over a year, I have had the pleasure of working at Bloomfield Farms in Sonoma County making and creating my own artisan products. Check out my blog there and see what I am making for the American Pantry!
Thanks to everyone who took part in the picnic at Montalvo and for bringing food craft that represents the abundance of creativity in what we eat and drink! Here is one photo and there are more to come! Thanks so much for taking part.
A lovely and talented group of food and drink artisans joined us atop Mt. Warner at the Carr's Ciderhouse orchard in Hadley, MA. It was a perfect day among the cider apples, children and people who love what they do and make. Here are a few shots from the day. Thank you to all who participated and make the trek to the hilltop looking over the Pioneer Valley.Read More
The location for the shoot has moved to Carr's Ciderhouse Orchard at approx. between 11- 13 Mt Warner road. Take 47 ( River Drive) to Mt. Warner road and pass the first farm on your left. Very shortly after that is a dirt road that will lead to a barn. If you have a 4-wheel drive, park at the barn a mile up the road. If not we have a truck to shuttle you there.
You can see the location on google maps here.
WHO: My American Pantry (MAP), an atlas of American artisan Food and Drink.
WHAT: A national artisan food and drink mapping project traveling around the country documenting by aerial photography the amazing array of artisans and products produced around the country celebrating creativity, taste and entrepreneurship. The end-goal is to create an interactive tapestry and map of food, story and recipes that celebrate the new American table and showcase the results at the next Worlds' Fair in 2015.
WHERE: In a field in Hadley, Massachusetts @ Carr's Ciderhouse Orchard @ approx. 13 Mt. Warner Road. Take River Drive to Mt. Warner road pass the first farm on your left, and proceed to a dirt road soon after that will be marked with a sign. Park there for a shuttle or drive to the barn with your 4-wheel drive or very slowly and carefully near the puddles.
View Larger Map Here:
WHEN: September, 15, 2013 -3pm at the orchard.
HOMEWORK: a recipe and/or a story of you and your craft submit here or fill out form below:
WHAT TO BRING:
- your products
- the tools of the trade that represent you
- A yoga mat or blanket to lie on
- food or drink to share with your new friends
- A release form for everyone in your party. we will have copies at the shoot.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Sign in on arrival and get a number for picture ID and turn in forms.
- Set up your area in the chosen field, be tight with the person next to you. Arrange your food, your animals, your produce around you or above you.
- expect to lie on the ground and relax for an hour and look up.
- The drone will land and fly a number of times for good shots and adjustments.
- The camera will take a number of shots and you might be asked to change position.
- to laugh
- check the website for last minute details.
- rain will postpone the shoot for a non rainy day.